Background: StreetShares, a veteran-run small business financing and investing company, began marketing their government contract financing product at the beginning of 2017. As the sole marketer in the startup company, I was responsible for building remarkable marketing campaigns. We wanted to become the go-to providers of government contract financing for veteran-owned small businesses.
Solutions: As a business, we wanted to do a soft launch. With content marketing as the backbone of the marketing solutions, I worked with other business partners and stakeholders within the company to develop “The Government Contractor’s Handbook,” a resource guide for government contractors. In this way, we would be able to give potential customers a free guide in exchange for their information. I then built an automated email marketing machine ensure multiple touch points and used several other marketing tactics.
Here are a few marketing tactics and strategies we implemented:
- Lead generation using an ebook, infographics, webinars, etc.
- Co-created content and promotion with partners
- Ebook launch through webinars, social media, email marketing, paid media and retargeting
- Press release announcements and media outreach with partners
- Blog posts educating visitors on government contracting and featuring government contractor clients
- Retargeting ad campaigns
Stats as of March 2018
- Generated 3,000 leads
- Landing pages had a 55% submission rate
- Assisted sales team in closing 7 million-dollar deals